Please join us for the unveiling of our Shibori Peace Quilt, which we will take to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Review Conference convening in New York in April and give to a Japanese women’s organization to take back to Japan. The quilt was the result of a week of Shibori workshops conducted at the Children’s Museum in August to commemorate the 69th anniversary of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Visitors to the museum tied and then dipped squares of cotton cloth in indigo dye using the traditional Japanese technique of Shibori. The Museum’s Makeshop then sewed the squares into a quilt. Light refreshments will be served.
2016-17 Activities & Events
- Bike Around the Bomb: Aug. 12, 9am August 10, 2017
- Events Mark the 72nd Anniversary of Atomic Bombings July 12, 2017
- Join us Thursday, May 18! May 8, 2017
- Year in Review – Our Best Yet! December 31, 2016
- Colorful Silence: Talk by Ronni Alexander, Nov. 1 October 27, 2016