Lynnea Smith, an activist instrumental in banning uranium mining on the Navajo Reservation, has waged a 12-year battle to stop proposed new uranium mining in the Navajo communities of Church Rock and Crownpoint in northwestern New Mexico. “We want our way of life preserved, and if we continue to allow uranium mining, we stand to lose it all,” said Lynnea Smith, an activist with Eastern Navajo Diné Against Uranium Mining.
2016-17 Activities & Events
- Bike Around the Bomb: Aug. 12, 9am August 10, 2017
- Events Mark the 72nd Anniversary of Atomic Bombings July 12, 2017
- Join us Thursday, May 18! May 8, 2017
- Year in Review – Our Best Yet! December 31, 2016
- Colorful Silence: Talk by Ronni Alexander, Nov. 1 October 27, 2016